Recipes :Colocasia Leaves(Arbi ke Patte) Curry
Colocasia Leaves are an integral part of cooking in the traditional Indian dishes prepared by our mothers & grandmothers.We can even prepare individual tasty items mainly based on colocasia Leaves or taro leaves (Arbi ke Patte). These Dishes are tasty as well as very high in dietary fibre,iron, folate, magnesium & potassium.
Colocasia leaves, one onion finely chopped, 10-12 garlic cloves & some ginger finely pasted, black pepper powder, 3-4 chopped green chillies, 2 red chillies, red chilli powder,cumin powder, dhania powder & one cup lemon juice.
- Boil colocasia Leaves for 7-8 mins & drain the water & keep the boiled leaves aside.
- Now heat oil .. you can use any oil, but mustard oil is preferred here.
- Add the finely chopped onion,ginger garlic paste,green & red chillies and fry till golden brown on low gas.
- Then add a tea spoonful red chilli powder,cumin seeds powder, dhania powder and mix well.
- After a minute add the previously boiled colocasia Leaves to it and fry for a few more minutes.
- Finally,Add the cup of lemon juice to it as well as two cups of pre-heated water.
- Keep the gas on for ten more minutes & let the gravy thicken.
- Now your tasty-yummy Colocasia leaves curry(home made style) is ready. Garnish it with finely chopped dhania and mint leaves and serve it with smoking hot steam rice and win the hearts of your loved ones.