Recipes :Chicken with Tender Banana Trunk
Chicken with a tender banana, the trunk is a very tasty as well as a nutritious food item that children and adults will equally relish during lunch and dinner time with hot steam rice and fresh coriander leaves or mint leaves chutney.
The tender banana trunk is high in fibre and helps in weight loss. It's high in potassium, magnesium,carbohydrate, Phosphorus, vitamin B-6 and calcium. It helps control high blood pressure, prevents constipation and cures kidney stones.
One kg Local Chicken, 3-4 Onions, 10-12 pods of garlic, ginger, green chillies, fresh black pepper, red chilli and cumin seeds powder. Last but the most important tender banana trunk
Fresh coriander leaves
- Clean the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Then marinate them with turmeric powder, salt and mustard oil evenly and keep them aside.
- Clean the tender banana trunk properly and chop it finely.
- Cut the onions, garlic pods, ginger and green chillies into small pieces and make a fine paste mixing all of the spices in your mixer- grinder.
- Then roast the black peppers in the pan and make a fine powder.
- Now heat oil in the pan, most preferably mustard oil which goes well with this chicken dish.
- Add red chilli to it, then add the fine paste of onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Put the roasted black pepper powder, turmeric powder and cumin seeds powder.
- Mix well and fry for a few minutes.
- Now add the finely chopped tender banana trunk and fry for a few minutes.
- Finally,Add the previously marinated chicken pieces to it, mix well and cover the lid of the pan. Let the chicken cook in its own juice. As your chicken item is almost cooked, add two cups of water and let the gravy thicken.
- Now switch off your gas. Your delicious chicken item is finally ready to relish.
- Garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve you Chicken with tender banana trunk to your family and friends with smoking hot steam basmati rice on your dining table during lunch or dinner hour. They all are definitely going to love this Chicken item, relish it thoroughly and thank you enough for your hard work in the kitchen and treating them to a lip-smacking dish.