Recipes :Cat fish with curry Leaves
Here I am going to present before you the recipe of a super nutritional as well as a super delicious non vegetarian dish which you would definitely like to prepare at home and serve to your family with hot smoking rice during lunch or dinner hour.
Curry leaves are packed with carbohydrates, fiber, iron, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin E. Magur maach or cat fish is the best while talking about the nutritional value of fresh water fish. They are highly rich in Omega 3, protein, vitamin B-12, minerals such as magnesium, potassium, zinc and iron.
One kg fresh Magur maach or cat fish. Go for the local one, avoid the imported stuff. Fresh curry leaves, black pepper roasted and finely powdered, garlic paste,finely chopped onions, red chilli, green chillies chopped turmeric powder, salt and mustard oil.
- You have to keep the Magur maach(Cat Fish) as a whole. Don't cut it into pieces.
- Now clean the fish properly and marinate it evenly with turmeric powder and salt.
- Make fine paste of the curry leaves, which is commonly known as Kari Patta here.
- Now heat mustard oil in the pan and shallow fry the whole cat fish one by one in the oil.
- After shallow frying all the fish keep them aside in a plate.
- Then heat some more oil in the pan and put the finely chopped onions to it.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the garlic paste, chopped green chillies, red chilli to the masala mixture and fry for some more time.
- As the masala starts to leave oil, add the fresh curry paste and roasted black pepper powder to it.
- Finally,Add the previously shallow fried Cat fish and mix well.
- Now add 4-5 cups of water and let the fish cook properly on medium heat.
- After estimated 15 minutes turn off your gas.
- Your highly nutritious and too delicious Cat fish with Curry leaves is finally ready to serve.
- Present it on the dining table to your near and dear ones with hot steam rice at either lunch or dinner time and see the ecstatic look on their faces to get to relish such a yummy non-vegetarian dish with smoking hot steam rice. Mark my words, it will be a hot favourite with young children and adults alike.